STICKY: Forum Guidelines and rules! MUST READ!!

Weather related discussions for the US and World Wide.
Forum rules
No harassment of any kind will be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, a certain post, or anything else you can flag the post, or report it to a moderator. Please be respectful to each other, abuse of foul language may lead to suspension or banning from the forum.
rick_o_connell
Site Admin

STICKY: Forum Guidelines and rules! MUST READ!!

Post by rick_o_connell »

Welcome to Survival Readiness weather forum! I have been a part of weather forums and blogs going back to the early AccuWeather days (if you hadn't noticed, the design of this forum is a reflection of the original forum we had so many years ago).

This forum (and my main website) are a work in progress, so bare with us as we continue to upgrade the site in the coming months. I've included many features that made the old AccuWeather site so exciting to use, such as private messaging for users, image and gif insertion, ability to upload attachments, as well as being able to embed YouTube and other social media platforms (As of 6-17-23 only YT is working right now until upgrades are complete in the forum script). To access FULL FEATURES you have to click on Full Editor and preview, and to embed YouTube, copy the FULL youtube address, click on the (youtube) button, and paste (control v) inbetween the Youtube hashmarks. See attached image below.

Newly registered users are limited on features until probation is passed (it's set at the minimum of 3 posts so you'll get off probation quickly). This is mainly to deal with bots and spammers. I've included the ability to report posts, so if you see something inappropriate or you think is spam please report it and help keep our community safe. This forum does allow for moderators, and we currently have just two so I might be assigning some volunteers to help out with that.

As far as rules goes, I'd like to keep this a friendly and safe experience for everyone. I know everyone can let some profanity slip now and then, but I won't allow this site to descend into chaos so please try and be respectful to others. Lets keep the bickering and arguing to a minimum, this forum has the ability to block users so if someone is saying something you don't like just block them and move on. Bullying, and harassment won't be tolerated in the forum or via private messaging. Anyone reported for such will be warned, suspended or banned if necessary.

That being said, welcome to the forum and enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Site Admin